- Is there an underlying theme in your stories?
- Would you categorize your stories as romance, erotica, or something else? Why?
- What are the best and worst reactions you’ve gotten from people after telling them what you write?
- “They” tell us that writers should write what they know—do you think that’s true? Why/why not?
- Pantster or plotter? Why?
- What’s your favorite part of the writing process? (the spark, the research, character oultines…?)
- What’s your least favorite part of the writing process?
- What’s your favorite part of the publishing process? (writing the story, working with an editor, working with the art department, marketing, etc?)
- What’s your least favorite part of the publishing process?
- Do you listen to music while you write, prefer absolute silence, run off to the coffee shop…? If you do listen to music, can you name a few songs off your playlist?
- What do you do to get in the mood to write, especially when you don’t feel like it?
- What makes for a great hero/heroine?
- What makes for a great villain?
- What makes for a great overall story?
- If you could pick up and move to any part of the world and live there, where would it be and why?
- What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing? (hobbies, time with friends?)
- What are the three most important things in your life, the things you absolutely could not do without?
- What’s your dream job (besides being an author!)?
- If you could have one (and only one) super or magical power, what would it be and why?
- It’s the Zombie Apocalypse and you can take three of your characters along with you to help you and your family get to safety. Which characters would you take and why?
- Of the stories you’ve written, which is your favorite? Which would you recommend to a new reader and why?
- Do you have a favorite character (of your own creation)? What makes that character special to you?
- Do you miss your characters when you finish a story? Do you try to come up with ideas for sequels, or are you too excited by the prospect of a new project to feel sad that the previous story is over?
- If your book Ash and Echoes were to be turned into a movie, which channel would it air on (Logo, Lifetime, Syfy, etc.)? Assuming you have an unlimited budget, who would you cast to play the leading roles? Who would direct it?
- What are your favorite TV shows of all time?
- What television shows are you currently watching?
- What’s next on the horizon for you? WIPs, writing goals, personal goals…?
Thanks again, Gus!
In "preparation" for Gus's arrival today, I read On Tinsel Wings (like I needed an excuse!) and will be giving my "official" review in my
October (oops... I apparently need more coffee in the morning!!)
November Newsletter...but the quick version: LOVED IT!