Periodically, I participate in blog hops or other giveaway opportunities. It's recently come to my attention that legally, there's a little more to than just listing the giveaway and awarding prizes. Fortunately, the only area where I haven't been in complete compliance with the law hitherto fore was that I never posted official rules.
So here they are. These rules apply to all giveaways sponsored by me (H.B. Pattskyn) unless otherwise specified in the giveaway post. All guest bloggers are responsible for their own rules.
- No purchase is necessary to enter at any time.
- You must be 18 or older to enter unless your local laws state you have to be older; it is your responsibility to be aware of your local laws.
- My giveaways are always open to international entries. It is, however, your responsibility to know your country's laws, especially with regard to customs and having things mailed to you. (Not everything I give away is a physical object, such as a book or swag, but quite a lot of it is. If this is going to be a problem, and you want to enter anyway, let me know and I can substitute a online gift certificate to Dreamspinner Press of equal value--I cannot however substitute cash for any prize at any time. I do not substitute gift certificates for Amazon or other online retailers.)
- The beginning and ending date of each give away will be listed on the blog post announcing it; so will the retail value of the prize. All times/dates are Eastern Standard Time (U.S. New York).
- Each person may enter each giveaway only once; that said, feel free to chime in if you have additional comments, just know that your name will only be entered into the proverbial hat once. In addition, you MUST enter with either a Blogger ID or valid email so I can contact you.
- The odds of winning are dependent on the number of entries.
- Unless otherwise specified, winners will be selected at random (I use Random.org)
- Within 24 hours of the end of each giveaway, I will send out an email to the winner. Winners have 14 days to respond, otherwise an alternate winner will be chosen from the remaining entrants. If for any reason the winner declines the prize, an alternate winner will be chose from the remaining entrants. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- By entering, you affirm that you have read these rules and agree to comply with them. You also agree to release from any liability and hold harmless yours truly, H.B. Pattskyn, from any damages, losses, or injury resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from your participation in the give away and the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize that has been won. Seriously, if you think winning something will cause you grief, please don't do enter.
- Questions, comments, disputes, etc., should be directed to the author hosting the giveaway. If that happens to be me, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- And of course: void where prohibited by law.